Extractions may be necessary if a patient has:
- Severe tooth decay
- Advanced periodontal disease that has created a pocket too loose for the tooth
- Cracked or broken teeth too damaged to repair with restorative procedures
- Bad teeth positioning (i.e. wisdom teeth removal)
Dental Implant Restoration
When a patient has severe periodontitis, his or her teeth have a much higher risk of losing stability and falling out. To surgically correct this problem, Drs. Mandy, Mark, or Devin will:
- Remove the diseased portion of the gums (called a gingivectomy)
- Thoroughly clean all tartar and bacteria from the roots of the affected teeth
- Suture the healthy gums back together
The result is that the periodontal pockets are reduced to a healthy depth and the teeth and gums can heal and continue to function normally.
Comfortable & Pain-Free Oral Surgery
Regardless of the oral surgery you need, Dr. Mandy , Dr. Mark, or Dr. Devin will ensure that you are comfortable and pain-free during your procedure. Using topical or local anesthetics in combination with sedation dentistry, you will be able to relax and remain stress-free throughout your appointment.