Oral Surgery in Georgetown, TX
Oral surgery may be required for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are when a patient needs a tooth to be extracted, when a dental implant is permanently placed in the mouth, or when a patient suffering from advanced gum disease needs gingivectomy to prevent tooth loss.
Extractions may be necessary if a patient has:
- Severe tooth decay
- Advanced periodontal disease that has created a pocket too loose for the tooth
- Cracked or broken teeth too damaged to repair with restorative procedures
- Bad teeth positioning (i.e. wisdom teeth removal)
Dental Implant Restoration
If a patient needs a dental implant restoration, a surgical implant placement procedure is first. With the benefit of 3D CAT scan imaging, this is often streamlined and accomplished in the office. Then Dr. Mandy, Dr. Mark, or Dr. Krista places the restoration on the implant.
When a patient has severe periodontitis, his or her teeth have a much higher risk of losing stability and falling out. To surgically correct this problem, Drs. Mandy, Mark, or Krista will:
- Remove the diseased portion of the gums (called a gingivectomy)
- Thoroughly clean all tartar and bacteria from the roots of the affected teeth
- Suture the healthy gums back together
The result is that the periodontal pockets are reduced to a healthy depth and the teeth and gums can heal and continue to function normally.
Comfortable & Pain-Free Oral Surgery
Regardless of the oral surgery you need, Dr. Mandy , Dr. Mark, or Dr. Krista will ensure that you are comfortable and pain-free during your procedure. Using topical or local anesthetics in combination with sedation dentistry, you will be able to relax and remain stress-free throughout your appointment.