Serving Georgetown, Texas
Come Test Drive Your New Smile!
Our team has brought cutting-edge technology to town that will revolutionize how you can enhance your smile! As dentistry has evolved, we have included advanced technology like 3D X-rays and digital scanning so that today, you can have Your New Smile designed from your natural facial features and achieve an even better result. And, the best thing about it is you can actually try it on before you decide to redesign your smile!
Our team can help design your customized smile based on your natural features and facial flow to echo your natural features like your eyes and facial structure. Once that is done, we can digitally design an optimal beautiful smile to open up your face and build your new smile and do this all without any impressions and before you commit to treatment. With this digital technology, we can print out a model of what your ideal smile would look like and allow you to try this on and see what it will look like to have your smile before we begin. You will get to talk and laugh and see how you look in your new smile!
Aesthetic Dentistry of Georgetown is the only practice in the area offering this advanced Digital Smile Design technology.
Drs. Mandy, Mark, and Devin and their team are pleased to offer a wide variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures to clients in the Georgetown, Texas area. Using each of the links below, you will find a detailed description of our Cosmetic Dentistry procedures, Frequently Asked Questions, and before and after photos showcasing the technical skill and artistic eye of our doctors.
To learn more about any of the procedures below, please contact our cosmetic dentists for a complimentary initial consultation.
- Invisalign - This revolutionary orthodontic treatment uses clear acrylic aligner trays in lieu of metal brackets and wires to move the teeth in a virtually invisible way.
- Smile Makeovers - A smile makeover involves a variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures, everything from placing composite fillings to dental implants to porcelain veneers, to truly “makeover” a person’s smile.
- Porcelain Veneers - Porcelain veneers are thin shells of porcelain that are placed onto the front surfaces of the visible teeth. They cover cosmetic flaws, such as deep staining, misshapen teeth, gaps, and the like, and create a perfect, beautiful smile.
- Porcelain Crowns and Bonding - A porcelain crown covers a damaged tooth all the way down to the gumline, restoring strength and function to the tooth, and allowing the person to keep the underlying natural tooth for the duration. Composite bonding covers flaws such as chips or small gaps between teeth.
- Porcelain Crowns and Bonding FAQs
- Tooth-Colored Fillings - These fillings, made from composite resin, are virtually invisible when we place one in a tooth with decay. That’s wholly different from the silver spot on a tooth from a silver amalgam filling.
- Porcelain Filling FAQs
- Teeth Whitening - That cup of java, bowl of raspberries, and glass of red wine all conspire to stain the enamel of our teeth. We offer two different teeth whitening treatments, Zoom! and KöR Whitening, to remove the stains and whiten your teeth several shades.
- Tooth Whitening FAQs
- Gum Contouring - We can reduce a gummy smile using our diode laser. The laser energy quickly removes excess gum tissue while instantly closing and disinfecting the area. This makes the crowns of your teeth (the visible portion above the gum line) appear longer.
- Laser Dentistry - We use our diode laser for gum contouring, clearing periodontal pockets of gum disease, and other treatments.
- Dental Implants - Dr. Mandy, Dr. Mark, and Dr. Krista are big fans of dental implants for replacing a missing tooth or two and for anchoring bridges. Implants consist of a titanium implant base that screws down into the jawbone. Because the body accepts titanium, it grows new bone around the implant, making it a permanent part of the jawbone. We attach a post to the implant base and a porcelain crown/artificial tooth to the post. Your new dental implant then functions and feels just like a natural tooth, and it will likely last the rest of your life.
To learn more about how we can transform your teeth into your new smile, download our FREE e-book here.
What’s the difference between cosmetic dentistry and general dentistry?
Aesthetics versus function. That’s basically the difference between cosmetic dentistry and general dentistry. Most people associate the dentist with placing fillings and bridges, maybe replacing a missing tooth with a dental implant. Those kinds of dental treatments are all about keeping your oral health in good shape: they’re addressing functional problems.
Cosmetic dentistry is concerned with the aesthetic appearance of your teeth and overall smile. Cosmetic treatments may seek to whiten stained teeth or use composite resin bonding to mask a chipped tooth. Goals can overlap, for instance a crown can save a tooth with heavy decay, but a crown can also completely change the aesthetic shape of a misshapen tooth. Cosmetic dentistry has the goal of giving you a dazzling smile without addressing overall oral health and function problems such as gum disease or decay. At Aesthetic Dentistry, Drs. Mandy, Mark, and Krista use cosmetic dentistry to improve patients’ tooth shape, whiteness, alignment, and overall appearance.
Why would someone want to have cosmetic dentistry done?
Those flaws we mentioned above, we all have them. It could be a slight gap between your two front teeth, or you could have a chipped tooth. You could even be missing a tooth that you knocked out in a Turkey Bowl football game and never bothered replacing.
That’s where our three talented dentists can use various cosmetic treatments to cover those flaws. These are some common flaws that cosmetic dentistry would improve:
- Fixing a chipped tooth
- Whitening a badly stained tooth
- Applying veneers to make the teeth uniform
- Fixing a gummy smile
- Closing a gap between teeth
- Changing the shape of a tooth
- Lengthening the crown of an overly short tooth
- Covering badly pitted teeth
Are your various cosmetic dentistry treatments painful?
Most of these procedures offer aesthetic improvements to the quality of your smile; they’re not restorations. There are a few exceptions, as implants, bridges, crowns, and Invisalign aren’t simply cosmetic in nature. But treatments such as bonding and teeth whitening are painless. Replacing old silver amalgam fillings with virtually invisible composite resin involves a minor amount of local anesthesia. Placing porcelain veneers or crowns are painless procedures.
With a dental implant, there is a small amount of discomfort after we place the titanium implant base as your gums need to heal for a few days. But the limited amount of pain is such that there’s no need for prescription pain medication.
You’ll be amazed at how comfortable even laser gum contouring is.
What People Say About Us!
Aesthetic Dentistry of Georgetown is the best, so good that I drive in 25 minutes away to see Mark, Hannah, and the crew. Just had an old filling removed and fixed, I was in and out quickly and pain free. The quality of care is great but it’s the staff that keeps you coming back. Thanks guys!
Click here to read more reviews.
What if I suffer from dental anxiety?
Have no fear, literally, of Dr. Mandy, Dr. Mark, or Dr. Krista and our team at Aesthetic Dentistry of Georgetown. We offer two types of dental sedation to help our anxious patients manage their fear. We offer nitrous oxide and conscious oral sedation to keep our patients completely comfortable. A nice side benefit of sedation is that it creates a slight amnesic after effect where you have little recollection of your visit.
For more on our sedation at Aesthetic Dentistry of Georgetown, head to this link to our sedation page.
View More Cosmetic Dentistry Before & After Photos Of Actual Patients by Visitng our Gallery
Call Today For Cosmetic Dentistry In Georgetown, TX!
If you are located in the Georgetown, Texas area and you would like to improve your smile for any reason, contact us today to schedule a complimentary cosmetic dentistry consultation. You can also give us a call at 512-819-9100 to book your appointment with our talented and trusted team of dentists. Our practice looks forward to helping you reach your cosmetic dentistry goals!