TMJ/TMD is sometimes a difficult neuromuscular disease to diagnose because its symptoms are broad and could be caused by a number of relatively common health problems. For this same reason, it is believed that far more people are suffering from TMJ than are aware of it.
The most common symptoms of TMJ are:
- Jaw joint pain
- Migraines and headaches
- Neck, shoulder, back and face pain
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
- Pain or sensitivity of the teeth
- Loose teeth
- Clenching or grinding of the teeth
- Worn, chipped or cracked teeth/fillings
- Ringing in the ears
- Pressure or congestion in the ears
- Numbness in the arms, hands or fingers
- Limited ability to open the mouth
To learn more about TMJ, please visit our TMJ FAQs page.
If you have ever experienced these recurring symptoms, you should contact us as soon as possible. Utilizing our advanced neuromuscular dentistry experience and diagnostic equipment, we can determine if TMJ is the source of your problems, and begin treating your condition immediately.
If you are located in the Austin, Round Rock and Georgetown, Texas area and you would like to have neuromuscular dentistry, contact us today to schedule a complimentary cosmetic dentistry consultation.