Laser dentistry is a relatively new, advanced form of dental treatment. It involves using a precision laser instead of a traditional scalpel or electrical knife to perform cosmetic and restorative dental procedures. Lasers are most commonly used for gum recontouring and periodontal therapy, and provide many advantages including:
- They offer extreme precision
- The laser immediately seals the incision, so there is no scarring, and bleeding is minimal
- There is minimal post-op healing time and discomfort
- Procedures take smaller appointment times
- Can be set to target bacteria and leave healthy tissue alone
- Safe around dental implants and old metal dentistry
If you are located in the Austin, Round Rock and Georgetown, Texas area and you would like to improve your smile for any reason, contact us today to schedule a complimentary cosmetic dentistry consultation.
We offer all of our patients a complimentary smile analysis, so don't hesitate to schedule an appointment today.